- Written by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
- Narrated by Amal Bhakta Dasa.
The saintly Queen Kunti knew well that crisis evokes our sense of dependence on divine mercy. She endured assassination attempts, multiple plots to kill her sons, and then all-out war, and her prayers show that even the most extreme situations can be beneficial, since prayer unites us with God.
Queen Kunti is a major figure in the history of the ancient world. As mother of the warrior Arjuna—to whom Krishna spoke the Bhagavad-gita—she appears again and again in the historical epic Mahabharata as the saintly matriarch of a great dynasty torn apart by fratricidal war.
Like many of the most cultured and knowledgeable personalities of Vedic times, Kunti devi understood and revered Krishna as the Supreme Person, the cause of all causes, Who had appeared at that time as her nephew.
At the conclusion of the devastating Kurukshetra war, Queen Kunti approaches Krishna as He prepares to depart for home. Kunti's spontaneous glorification of Krishna and her description of the spiritual path are immortalized in the Mahabharata and the Bhagavata Purana (Srimad-Bhagavatam), and they have been recited, chanted, and sung by sages and philosophers for thousands of years.
Kunti's prayers consist of only twenty-six couplets (Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto One, Chapter Eight, verses 18-43), yet they are considered a philosophical, theological, and literary masterpiece.
- Play Time: 11 hours, 20 minutes.
- All materials © BBT International, Inc. 1986. ℗ Amal Bhakta Dasa 1990 (Performance)
- This product is also available as an MP3 CD here...
- File size:
- How to download from the Krishna.com Store
02. Verse 1: The Original Person
03. Verse 2: Beyond the Senses
04. Verse 3: The Most Intelligent Woman
05. Verse 4: Approaching Krsna, The All-Pervading Truth
06. Verse 5: The Vision of Lotuses
07. Verse 6: The Master of the Senses
08. Verse 7: Dangerous Encounters
09. Verse 8: Let There Be Calamities
10. Verse 9: Decreasing the Fever of Illusion
11. Verse 10: The Property of the Impoverished
12. Verse 11: The Touch of Superior Energy
13. Verse 12: Bewildering Pastimes
14. Verse 13: The Vital Force of the Universe
15. Verse 14: Lord Krsna's Wonderful Activities
16. Verse 15: Beyond Birth and Death
17. Verse 16: Returning to Our Natural Consciousness
18. Verse 17: Lightening the Burden of the World
19. Verse 18: Liberation from Ignorance and Suffering
20. Verse 19: Crossing Beyond Illusion's Currents
21. Verse 20: Full Surrender
22. Verse 21: What Is Our Actual Value
23. Verse 22: Beauty in Krsna's Presence
24. Verse 23: Natural Prosperity
25. Verse 24: Cutting Off Ties of Affection
26. Verse 25: Unalloyed Devotion
27. Verse 26: Enchantment by Krsna's Glories
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!