Translation by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
The Bhagavad-gita is a must-read for anyone interested in the meaning of life. One of the world's best known literatures, it is often considered the essence of all wisdom. It's a conversation between the military hero Arjuna and his friend/advisor/charioteer Krishna, spoken just before the apocalyptic Battle of Kurukshetra. Subjects they discuss include the eternality of the self, destiny, the source of our being, and how to achieve genuine, long-term peace and happiness.
The translation and commentary by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the twentieth century's foremost Vedic scholar and teacher of Krishna consciousness, make Krishna's teachings in the Gita accessible to the western reader. Prabhupada's faithfulness to the original Sanskrit text, along with his straightforwardness, clarity and wit, make "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" true to its title.
Since its publication in 1970, Bhagavad-gita As It Is has become the most widely read edition of the Gita in the world.
This digital book is copyright The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and available for free for personal use only. This PDF was taken from a raw text file and contains some digital errors that Krishna.com is not responsible for.
- This is the FULL PDF. It includes the Devanagari text. There is another version that is Roman text only. These do not include images.
- You can be read it using Adobe Acrobat Reader, or many web browsers.
- Here are the available printed editions of the book. More editions of this book, and full information here...
- Files: one PDF file
- File size: One file (8.25 MB)
- How to download from the Krishna.com Store
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!